https://andersonscanada.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/FollowingFarmEquipment.jpg 400 600 Ryan Mortier https://andersonscanada.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/andersons-logo-canada-3.png Ryan Mortier2019-05-13 10:41:592019-05-13 15:42:29Safety: Sharing the road
Safety: Sharing the road
Keep in mind the following safety tips for motorists as you share the road with farm equipment
- Farm machinery has a legal right to use public roads just as other motor vehicles.
- Farm machinery can unexpectedly turn onto a public road from a field or driveway.
- Farm machinery operators may not be able to see you because the large equipment or a load can block part of their rear view.
- Slow-moving farm machinery traveling less than 25 miles per hour should display a slow moving vehicle emblem on the back of the equipment.
- Extra-wide farm machinery may take up more than one lane to avoid hitting obstacles such as mailboxes and road signs.
Before passing farm machinery
- Look for left turn lights or hand signals. If the machinery slows and pulls toward the right side of the road, the operator is likely preparing to make a wide left turn.
- Be sure there is adequate distance for you to safely pass.
- Rural road rage can be negated if everyone takes the responsibility to have extra patience, careful driving habits, and use high-visibility markings and lighting.